IT and Software Translation Services
Why is IT translation a challenge for your company?
Our IT translation service includes the expert translation of a wide variety of documents:
- service contracts
- procedure manuals
- serious games
- e-learning materials
- back office
IT translation projects are highly complex. Accurate terminology and consultation with the client are essential, and are closely intertwined.
IT translation: how to produce a high-quality text
First of all, it is crucial to identify the target audience:
- If the translation is intended for engineers, terminology will be highly specific, making consultation between the linguists, the company and the client essential before the project is launched. In this situation, the assigned translator must be an expert who is familiar with this type of content.
- If the audience is more general, the terms used must be simpler and less highly specialized, while at the same time expressing very specific ideas.
In all cases, for this type of project, it is vital to implement a detailed preparation phase before starting the translation. This stage will make it possible to clarify the client’s requirements for both content and format (file type, technical constraints, number of characters permitted, abbreviations, glossaries, etc.).
Linguists must demonstrate the following skills:
- Knowledge of IT terminology.
- Perfect understanding of the source language.
- Excellent technical abilities.
- Familiarity with software tools and IT practices.
- High standards.
Once the project is complete, a testing phase begins. This ensures the translation is consistent with the specifications.
IT translation company: ITC Global Translations meets your needs
Based on our experience and our clients’ requirements, we are happy to provide the following services:
- Detailed preparation in advance of the project, including the selection of the best linguists for the job.
- Creation of a glossary of technical terms in collaboration with the client (various methods can be used).
- Use of existing terminology: if we are translating a user manual, we make sure that the features, menus, button names, etc. are consistent with previously localized software terminology, if applicable.
- Ability to work directly in your back office. Our teams of linguists adapt to your processes and we use a variety of tools to ensure compatibility with your systems.
Collaboration with technical partners when projects require skills in addition to localization