IT AND SOFTWARE TRANSLATION SERVICES
Why is IT translation a challenge for your company?
Our IT translation service and software localization service include the expert translation of a wide variety of documents:
- service contracts
- procedure manuals
- serious games
- e-learning materials
- back office
IT translation projects are highly complex. Accurate terminology and consultation with the client are essential, and are closely intertwined. Our IT translation service will provide the best translations for your IT communication.
IT and Software Localization Services: How to Produce a High-Quality Text
First of all, it is crucial to identify the target audience. Through our software localization service, we provide specific translations:
- If the translation is intended for engineers, terminology will be highly-specific, making consultation between the linguists, the company and the client essential before the project is launched. In this situation, the assigned translator must be an expert who is familiar with this type of content.
- If the audience is more general, the terms used must be simpler and less highly specialized, while at the same time expressing very specific ideas.
In all cases, for this type of project, it is vital to implement a detailed preparation phase before starting the translation. This stage will make it possible to clarify the client’s requirements for both content and format (file type, technical constraints, number of characters permitted, abbreviations, glossaries, etc.).
In order to join our IT translation service, linguists must demonstrate the following skills:
- IT terminology knowledge
- Perfect understanding of sourcelanguage
- Excellent technical abilities
- Familiarity with software tools and IT practices
- High standards
Once the project is complete, a testing phase begins. This ensures the translation is consistent with the specifications.
IT Translation Services: ITC Global Translations Meets Your Needs
Based on our experience and our clients’ requirements, we are happy to provide the following IT translation services:
- Detailed preparation in advance of the project, including selecting the best linguists for the job.
- Creating a glossary of technical terms in collaboration with the client (various methods can be used).
- Using existing terminology: if we are translating a user manual, we make sure that the features, menus, button names, etc. are consistent with previously localized software terminology, if applicable.
- Ability to work directly in your back office. Our teams of linguists adapt to your processes and we use a variety of tools to ensure compatibility with your systems.
- Collaborating with technical partners when projects require skills in addition to localization
Contact us for more info about our IT and software localization services!