Which is why we have listed one of the most important—if not the most important—reasons you need a professional Language Service Provider.
That’s it. That is the reason why you need the services of an LSP. Can you see success without the help of a language service provider? Certainly. Many companies have and do continue to succeed by operating in their source language and no further than that.
However, consider the following facts and figures with regard to (EU) language technology:
– The value of the global market for language technology is increasing and will continue to do so. In 2011, we saw it set at 19.38 billion (in terms of its market value). It’s expected to increase steadily, by 55% and hit 30 billion by 2015.
– Europe’s share of the language technology market will increase up to 50% by 2015. If Europe fails to invest in language technology, it may risk a 5% slip in shares of the digital share market.
– There are 3 technology markets covered by the global language technology markets: Speech/voice, astute and insightful content, and translation.
– 52% of European language technology companies have been created in the last decade alone.
– Europe’s language technology market has more than 500 companies in existence.
Now, it’s understandable that you may be using in-house resources to make this switch. In fact, many companies begin managing translation on an ad hoc basis, not outsourcing their translation needs any further than the next office over. Typically, they use nothing more than MS Word, a bilingual employee, and a machine translator like Google Translate. But building a relationship with a professional translation agency can help you avoid all the most common pitfalls of completing the job yourself.
The facts and figures are meant to inform you that there is an entire market awaiting you. There is an entire market that you have yet to find success in. Take the first step today, with ITC Global Translations.